Doing the right thing?
Apr. 11th, 2017 05:24 pmIt takes me time, but I do learn what makes me happy.
Coming out of the closet made me happy. Nothing like finally coming to grips with being bisexual after decades in the closet.
Facebook, Twitter, and Windows don't make me happy. So I dumped or am in the process of dumping them. Alas, Windows will probably hang on as a gaming OS.
Not being able to write out my thoughts didn't make me happy. So here I am on DreamWidth. It's good to have a less formal place to post than my site.
Writing C/C++ code in Unix makes me happy. So I made my Windows box dual boot and am trying to do the majority of my personal work on it. First goal: see if I can hit 90% of theoretical throughput using CUDA.
Being dependent on an iPhone doesn't make me happy. But it may be the best solution for now. Android devices are easier to crack than an iPhone and Apple is slightly nicer about privacy than Google. Tho LineageOS, the replacement for CyanogenMod, is tempting.
Anyway. We'll see where this goes. --jptb
Coming out of the closet made me happy. Nothing like finally coming to grips with being bisexual after decades in the closet.
Facebook, Twitter, and Windows don't make me happy. So I dumped or am in the process of dumping them. Alas, Windows will probably hang on as a gaming OS.
Not being able to write out my thoughts didn't make me happy. So here I am on DreamWidth. It's good to have a less formal place to post than my site.
Writing C/C++ code in Unix makes me happy. So I made my Windows box dual boot and am trying to do the majority of my personal work on it. First goal: see if I can hit 90% of theoretical throughput using CUDA.
Being dependent on an iPhone doesn't make me happy. But it may be the best solution for now. Android devices are easier to crack than an iPhone and Apple is slightly nicer about privacy than Google. Tho LineageOS, the replacement for CyanogenMod, is tempting.
Anyway. We'll see where this goes. --jptb